Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and “Last Judgment”, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino, and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world-renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican continuously enriched it with different artworks but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo are surely the real attraction.
You’ll be picked up by a professional driver in a luxury vehicle and will meet with your tour guide and the other participants. You will then be led to the usually packed museum entrance, where you will skip the check-in line, and enter the museums directly through a metal detector check. After security, the guide will take you to a panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican gardens.
In the museums, you will admire the most beautiful Roman statues, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact on history, religion, and visual arts has no equal in the world. All of this is in a small and intimate group of a maximum of 10 people since we don’t want to make our clients feel uncomfortable in big groups.
At last, through an exclusive gallery directly linked to the Sistine Chapel, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29-meter-tall Baldacchin by Bernini, and the mosaics that cover the whole ceiling.
10:15 am or 2:30 pm
*The tour is not available on January 1st, February 11th, Easter Monday, May 1st, June 29th, August 15th/16th, November 1st, December 8th or December 25th/26th
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Pickup with English-speaking driver in luxury vehicle
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
What You'll Do
- Enjoy a pick-up transfer from your accommodation to the entrance of the Vatican Museums
- Skip the line to enter the Vatican museums
- Walk through the most important galleries and stop at the highlights
- Learn about some of the best preserved ancient Roman statues
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- If you encounter any issues arriving at the meeting point on-time please make sure to contact us. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.