Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and “Last Judgment”, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino, and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world-renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican continuously enriched it with different artworks but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo are surely the real attraction.
You will meet with your tour guide and the other participants at the Meeting Point. You will then be led to the usually packed museum entrance, where you will skip the check-in line, and enter the museums directly through a metal detector check. After security, the guide will take you to a panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican gardens.
In the museums, you will admire the most beautiful Roman statues, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact on history, religion, and visual arts has no equal in the world. All of this is in a small and intimate group of a maximum of 10 people since we don’t want to make our clients feel uncomfortable in big groups.
At last, through an exclusive gallery directly linked to the Sistine Chapel, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29-meter-tall Baldacchino by Bernini, and the mosaics that cover the whole ceiling.
11:00 am or 2:15 pm
*The tour is not available on January 1st, February 11th, Easter Monday, May 1st, June 29th, August 15th/16th, November 1st, December 8th or December 25th/26th
The meeting point is in front of Caffè Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, 00192 Rome. It’s located just across from the Vatican Museum entrance.
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Small group of 12 people or less
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Optional gratuities
- Transportation services
What You'll Do
- Meet your guide and the other participants at the designated meeting point
- Skip the line to enter the Vatican museums
- Walk through the most important galleries and stop at the highlights
- Learn about some of the best preserved ancient Roman statues
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- If you encounter any issues arriving at the meeting point on-time please make sure to contact us. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Please note: Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter's Square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City.