Private Vatican By Night
This tailor-made tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and Raphael’s “School of Athens”. All of this with absolute calm and peace without being stressed out by huge crowds pushing you around during normal visiting hours. You will have the incredible opportunity of visiting the Vatican museums at night when just 5% of the crowds are usually present. Walk through the highlights of the various galleries under warm lighting and learn from your guide all of the stories that belong to some of the greatest artists and their masterpieces.
Numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican continuously enriched it with different artworks but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo are surely the real attraction.
In the museums, you will walk through the most beautiful Roman statues, admire the Baroque architecture of the galleries, gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world.
*This tour is only available from April 14 to October 28th
The meeting point is in front of Caffè Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, 00192 Rome. It’s located just across from the Vatican Museum entrance.
- Exclusive night admission tickets
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Private tour
- Optional gratuities
- Transportation services
English, Spanish, Italian, French
What You'll Do
- Meet the guide at the established meeting point
- Privileged entrance to the Vatican museums at night
- Enjoy the view of St.Peter's dome and Vatican gardens from the panoramic terrace
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Roman sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
What To Remember
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.