Private Tour of Vatican Museums & St. Peter’s Basilica
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and “Last Judgment”, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican, continuously enriched it with different art works but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo, are surely the real attraction.
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, your private English-speaking driver will take you to the usually packed museum entrance, where you will meet you private professional guide, skipping the check-in line, you will access directly the metal detector control.
In the museums, you will admire the most beautiful Roman ancient statues, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world.
At last, through an exclusive gallery directly linked to the Sistine Chapel, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include: Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29 meter tall Baldacchin by Bernini and the mosaics that decorate the whole ceiling.
After the tour ends, your tour guide will help you to arrange transportation back.
Start time: From 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Meeting point is in front of Caffe Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, Rome, Italy.
- Licensed tour guide
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Private tour
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Complimentary bottled water
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Optional gratuities
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese, Chinese
What You'll Do
- Meet your private driver in the meeting point you have indicated on the reservation
- Drive in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle to the Vatican museums
- Walk through the highlights of the Vatican museums
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Roman sculptures
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- The driver or tour guide will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.