Private Tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill & Roman Forum
This tailor-made tour is ideal for those who want to discover Rome’s historical monuments with a private tour guide! The tour will take you to the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
After meeting with your tour guide at the designated meeting point, you will get to visit the world’s largest amphitheater with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to directly access the metal detector control. Once inside, your private professional guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights. You will learn the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build, what is still considered, the most technologically advanced entertainment complex of its time. The guide will then take you to the second level of the Colosseum where you will enjoy the beautiful view of the arena and all the seating areas. This includes the exact spot where the emperor enjoyed the shows with his family and the specially reserved marble seats for the Roman senators.
After the Colosseum, walking by the beautifully preserved arch of Emperor Constantine, you will proceed to the archaeological site of the Roman Forum, which represented the commercial, legal, and administrative center of ancient Rome. You will feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All this, while walking by ancient ruins such as Julius Caesar’s original mausoleum where his body was cremated, the imposing temple of Antonino and Faustina, and the fascinating structure of the ancient Roman senate.
9:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am, 1:30 pm November through March
9:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm April through October
* The tour is not available every first Sunday of the month, on January 1st, June 2nd December 25th (and exceptional closure dates set by the Superintendence)
The meeting point is in front of Hotel Forum on Via Tor de’ Conti, 25-30, 00184 Roma
- Skip the line admission tickets
Colosseum ticket prices are found in our Terms and Conditions
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Private tour
- Pick-up and transfer services
- Optional gratuities
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese
What You'll Do
- Meet your private guide at the meeting point
- Skip the line for Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk through the highlights of the Roman Forum archaeological site
- Visit Julius Caesar's mausoleum in the Roman Forum
- Visit the ancient Roman Senate
What To Remember
- It should be noted that while the intended destinations will remain constant, it is possible that the order of the itinerary may be modified without prior notice.
- Your tour guide will meet you at the start time and location and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Please call us in case of any unforeseen issues. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- To avoid the long line for security checks inside the Colosseum, it is important that you are on time.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.