Private Tour of Colosseum, Roman Forum & Vatican With Transfers
After meeting your private tour guide and driver at your accommodation, you will be taken, with one of our luxury vehicles, to the world’s largest amphitheatre and with your “skip the line” ticket, you will proceed into the metal detector control. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights. You will learn the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build, what is still considered, as the most technologically advanced, entertainment complex of its time.
After the Colosseum, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum, which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of Ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All of this, while walking by the ruins of ancient temples and Roman mausoleums, such as: the senate building and the original altar where Julius Caesar’s body was cremated.
From the Roman Forum, your driver will pick you up and take you way across town to explore the world renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness of the façade and care of details will overwhelm you. Due to Covid-19 safety measures, the corridor that connected the Sistine chapel with the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica has been closed. This means that every visitor must exit the museums and wait in line in order to visit the inside of St. Peter’s Basilica. Depending on the time we have left, we will decide whether to queue for the Basilica or tour it from the outside.
During the whole visit, your guide will fill you on the historic, religious and artistic significance of the works and accomplishments, as well as, the stories of the artists themselves.
Start time: 8:30 am
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Licensed tour guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Private English-speaking driver with luxury transportation at your disposal
- Complimentary bottled water
- Audio headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
- Food and drinks
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese
What You'll Do
- Enjoy a complimentary pick-up from your accommodation
- Skip the line for the Colosseum with your pre-booked tickets
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk by the arch of Constantine and enter the archaeological site of the Roman Forum
- Explore the highlights of the world famous Vatican museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Visit the greatest and arguably holiest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- The tour guide and driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- To avoid the long line for security check inside the Colosseum, it is important that you are on time for the pick-up.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.