Private Tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum & the Vatican
After meeting with your guide at the designated meeting point you will get to see the world’s most famous amphitheater. With your “skip the line” ticket, you will bypass the lines and proceed through security checks. Once inside, your guide will bring the Colosseum to life by explaining the history of the gladiators and the complex engineering used to build this ancient entertainment complex.
Next, you will visit the Roman Forum, an archaeological site that was the commercial, legal, and administrative center of Ancient Rome. Your guide will take you on a journey back in time as you walk through the ruins of ancient temples and Roman mausoleums, including the senate building and the original altar where Julius Caesar’s body was cremated.
You will then get a taxi (not included) with your guide to explore the world-renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. The grandeur of the façade and the intricate details inside will leave you awestruck. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the impressive 29-meter-tall Baldacchin by Bernini, and the stunning mosaics that adorn the ceiling.
Throughout the visit, your guide will provide you with historical, religious, and artistic information about the works and accomplishments, as well as the stories of the artists who created them.
9:30 am or 10:30 am
The tour is not available on Sunday, on January 1st, January 1st, February 11th, Easter Monday, May 1st, June 29th, August 15th/16th, November 1st, December 8th or December 25th/26th
The meeting point is in front of Caffè Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, 00192 Rome. It’s located just across from the Vatican Museum entrance.
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Optional gratuities
- Pick-up, dropoff, and transfer services are not included (taxi not included)
- Food and drinks
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese
What You'll Do
- Skip the line for the Colosseum with your pre-booked tickets
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk by the arch of Constantine and enter the archaeological site of the Roman Forum
- Explore the highlights of the world famous Vatican museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Visit the greatest and arguably holiest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- It should be noted that while the intended destinations will remain constant, it is possible that the order of the itinerary may be modified without prior notice.
- The tour guide will meet you at the start time and location and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- To avoid the long line for security check inside the Colosseum, it is important that you are on time for the pick-up.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Please note: Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter's Square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City.