Private Tour Of Rome’s most Iconic Sites & the Vatican
This exclusive private tour is designed to showcase the best of Rome in a single day. Begin with meeting with your guide at the designated meeting point, and head straight to the Colosseum with your “skip the line” ticket. Your tour guide will bring the historic amphitheater to life with tales of gladiatorial battles and the complex engineering that made it the most advanced entertainment complex of its time.
Next, you’ll visit the Roman Forum, the center of ancient Rome’s commerce, law, and administration, with a guide who’ll transport you back in time. You’ll then take a taxi (not included) to go to the Vatican. Here you’ll explore the Vatican museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica, where you’ll be amazed by the grand façades and intricate details.
Enjoy a typical Roman lunch (not included) at a Trattoria restaurant, before you head to Navona Square. Stroll through one of Rome’s most iconic squares, visit the Eternal Pantheon, and complete your trip by tossing a coin in the Trevi fountain for good luck on your future return to the city.
*The tour is not available on Sunday, on January 1st, February 11th, Easter Monday, May 1st, June 29th, August 15th/16th, November 1st, December 8th or December 25th/26th
The meeting point is in front of Caffè Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, 00192 Rome. It’s located just across from the Vatican Museum entrance.
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Optional gratuities
- Food and beverages
- Transportation services
English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, German, French
What You'll Do
- After meeting with your tour guide, you'll skip the line to enter the Colosseum
- Explore the most important sections of the world's greatest amphitheater and walk past the Roman Forum
- Visit one of the most popular and best preserved Roman temples in the world: the Pantheon
- You'll take a taxi (not included) from the Pantheon that will take you to the Vatican
- Explore the highlights of the world famous Vatican museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Visit the greatest and arguably holiest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
- Eat at a traditional trattoria (not included)
- See the famous Piazza Navona
What To Remember
- *It should be noted that while the intended destinations will remain constant, it is possible that the order of the itinerary may be modified without prior notice.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Please note: Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter's Square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City.