Private Best of Rome & Vatican in One Day
This is the ideal tour for visitors who are willing to cover all of the highlights and attractions of Rome in one day. After meeting with your guide at the designated meeting point, you will start by visiting the world’s largest amphitheater with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights and show you the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build, what is still considered, the most technologically advanced entertainment complex of its time.
After the Colosseum, you will proceed to the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal, and administrative center of ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome.
From the Roman Forum, you’ll make your way across town (transportation not included) to explore the world-renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world: the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness of the façade and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29-meter-tall Baldacchin by Bernini, and the mosaics that cover the whole ceiling.
At the end of the Vatican tour, the guide will take you to a typical Roman “Trattoria” restaurant (not included) to taste some of the most delicious Roman dishes. After recharging batteries at lunch, you’ll go to the Navona Square where the last part of the tour begins: You will explore one of the most iconic and beautiful squares of Rome, you will walk inside the Eternal Pantheon, and finally, throw your coin in the Trevi fountain in order to assure your future return to Rome!
The meeting point is in front of Caffè Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, 00192 Rome. It’s located just across from the Vatican Museum entrance.
- Skip the line admission tickets
Colosseum ticket prices are found in our Terms and Conditions
- Private Tour
- Professional Licensed Guide
- Optional gratuities
- Food and beverages
- Transportation services
English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, German, French
What You'll Do
- After meeting with your tour guide, you'll skip the line to enter the Colosseum
- Explore the most important sections of the world's greatest amphitheater and walk past the Roman Forum
- Visit one of the most popular and best preserved Roman temples in the world: the Pantheon
- You'll take a taxi/Uber (not included) from the Pantheon that will take you to the Vatican
- Explore the highlights of the world famous Vatican museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Visit the greatest and arguably holiest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
- Eat at a traditional trattoria (not included)
- See the famous Piazza Navona and other famous landmarks (such as the Trevi Fountain)
What To Remember
- *It should be noted that while the intended destinations will remain constant, it is possible that the order of the itinerary may be modified without prior notice.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Please note: Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter's Square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City.