Private Early Morning Vatican Tour
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and Raphael’s “School of Athens”. All this with absolute calm and peace without being stressed out by huge crowds pushing you around during regular visiting hours. Imagine walking through these magnificently adorned halls without the noise of hundreds of bustling tourists, and only 10% of the usual crowds present; It’s almost like having the place to yourself.
After meeting with your guide at the designated meeting point, you will skip the long lines with your early morning admission ticket, and access the metal detector control directly. The tour will begin on a gorgeous panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican Gardens; the perfect spot to take a great picture! Your private guide will then walk you through all the highlights of the museums which include masterpieces and artifacts from different cultures and civilizations.
You will visit the Pio Clementine museum, famous for its unique Greek/Roman ancient statues such as the Laocoon group. You will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact on history, religion, and visual arts has no equal in the world.
At last, through an exclusive gallery directly linked to the Sistine Chapel, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29-meter-tall (90 ft) Baldacchin by Bernini, and the mosaics that decorate the whole ceiling.
*The tour is not available on January 1st, February 11th, Easter Monday, May 1st, June 29th, August 15th/16th, November 1st, December 8th or December 25th/26th
The meeting point is in front of Caffè Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, 00192 Rome. It’s located just across from the Vatican Museum entrance.
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Private tour
- Special tickets for early morning entrance
- Optional gratuities
- Transportation Services
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese
What You'll Do
- Meet with your guide at the meeting point
- Be one of the first visitors inside the empty museums before normal opening hours
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Greek sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and admire the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, enter the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- The tour guide will meet you at the start time and location and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- No pictures are allowed in the Sistine Chapel
- Please note: Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter's Square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City.