Private Early Morning Vatican Tour with Hotel Pick-up
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and Raphael’s “School of Athens”. All this with absolute calm and peace without being stressed out by huge crowds pushing you around during regular visiting hours.
You’ll be picked up by your English-speaking driver in a luxury vehicle at your hotel, to be brought to the entrance of the Vatican Museums.
After meeting with your guide, you will skip the long lines with your early morning admission ticket, and access the metal detector control directly.
The tour will begin on a gorgeous panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican Gardens; the perfect spot to take a great picture! Your private guide will then walk you through all the highlights of the museums which include masterpieces and artifacts from different cultures and civilizations.
You will visit the Pio Clementine museum, famous for its unique Greek/Roman ancient statues such as the Laocoon group. You will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, and then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact on history, religion, and visual arts has no equal in the world.
At last, through an exclusive gallery directly linked to the Sistine Chapel, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29-meter-tall (90 ft) Baldacchin by Bernini, and the mosaics that decorate the whole ceiling.
PLEASE HAVE ALL PARTICIPANTS BRING THEIR ID
*The tour is not available on January 1st, February 11th, Easter Monday, May 1st, June 29th, August 15th/16th, November 1st, December 8th or December 25th/26th
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast, or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city center. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Hotel Pick-up in Private Luxury Vehicle
- Professional Licensed Guide
- Skip-the-line Tickets for Morning Entrance
- Private Tour
- English-speaking Driver
- Optional gratuities
- Transportation back to accomodation
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese
What You'll Do
- Your English-speaking driver will pick you up at your Hotel
- Start your Early Morning Vatican Tour
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Greek sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and admire the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, enter the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- Missed tours cannot be refunded. If you encounter any issues please do not hesitate to call us.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- We recommend you bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- No pictures are allowed in the Sistine Chapel