Private Assisi & Wine Tasting Experience From Rome
This trip to Assisi – the 12th-century birthplace of Saint Francis – is an unforgettable and “must-do” experience for those motivated by either religion or their love of art and history. This quaint city is home to many sites relating to Saint Francis’ life, such as his place of birth, the Porziuncola Chapel where the Franciscan order was founded and the “Eremo delle Carceri”, a tranquil monastery in the nearby hills where he famously preached to the birds. Since the election of Pope Francis in 2013, pilgrimage to Assisi has been given even greater significance.
The city’s masterpiece is the Basilica of Saint Francis, a magnificent edifice of immense religious and artistic importance consisting of three churches built atop one another. Inside, the Upper Church is filled with many important late Medieval and early Renaissance frescoes by renowned artists such as Cimabue, Giotto, and Simone Martini. During your private tour, your guide will showcase the most remarkable of these frescoes, such as the episodes of Saint Francis’ troubled life and the history behind its construction.
To take a break and enjoy the local gastronomic products, your driver will take you to an Umbrian-awarded winery where you can sample a variety of specially selected wines (including white, red, sparkling, and dessert varieties) as you savor appetizers of local salamis, cheeses, bruschetta and olive oil, all while admiring the gorgeous Umbrian countryside. If you’re interested in purchasing local products or wines, our wineries can arrange for them to be shipped anywhere in the world.
8:00 am, 8:30 am, 9:00 am, 9:30 am
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Private English-speaking driver with luxury transportation
- Private Professional Licensed Guide in Assisi
- Wine tasting experience with 4 different premium wines
- Local snacks and appetizers
- Optional gratuities
- Extra food and drinks
What You'll Do
- Meet and greet with private driver in your established meeting point
- 2 hour drive through the gorgeous Latium and Umbrian countryside
- Meet your private tour guide in Assisi
- Walking tour in the medieval town of Assisi with visits to all the main attractions
- Enjoy the stunning view of the Umbrian landscape from the Basilica of Santa Chiara
- Let your guide take you inside the world renowned Basilica of St. Francis
- Delicious wine tasting experience in a beautiful Umbrian winery
- Transfer back to your chosen destination in Rome
What To Remember
- The driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.