Private Amalfi Coast Day Trip From Rome
In this cultural yet adventurous day trip from Rome, you will enjoy a complimentary pickup from your hotel with an English-speaking chauffeur/guide and a modern air-conditioned vehicle for true VIP treatment!
Follow in the footsteps of the aristocracy and movie stars of cinema’s golden age as you travel along the coast from Positano to Amalfi. Between the 9th and 13th centuries, the town of Amalfi was the capital of its own maritime Duchy and equally as powerful as Venice, Genoa, and Pisa. Now a Unesco World Heritage Site, Amalfi is famous for its beautiful cathedral, its exquisite handmade ceramics, and of course, its lemons!
Here you have free time on your own in the pedestrian areas to take in this lively town, sampling its famous Limoncello, lemon squash, and pastries since 1820. Get a takeaway slice of pizza or a quick stop in one of the best family-owned fish restaurants in town.
From Amalfi, your private chauffeur will drive you to the world-renowned town of Positano.
Once a thriving port, by the twentieth century, Positano had dwindled to become a small but picturesque fishing village when it was discovered in the 1950s by writers such as John Steinbeck. It went on to feature in several movies and its photogenic qualities- Moorish-influenced architecture, buildings spilling down steep hills towards the sea, and its views out towards the Sirenuse islands, have made it a ‘must-see’ for all lovers of Italy.
This tour includes a stop in Ravello to enjoy the gorgeous panoramic view of the coast from the 11th-century Villa Cimbrone. The streets are lined with ceramics of all kinds, characterized by bright colors and geometric patterns. You’ll get to see artisans at work and have a chance to purchase some for yourself or as gifts for friends and relatives.
You will have time for lunch at your own expense, with the help of your driver that will be happy to suggest you the best restaurants in town and enjoy a transfer back to Rome.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Professional English-speaking Chauffeur/guide
- Luxury air-conditioned transportation
- Admission tickets for Amalfi cathedral
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drinks
What You'll Do
- Enjoy a complimentary pickup from your accommodation by one of our expert chauffeur/guides
- Drive south along the Tyrrhenian coast to Amalfi
- Visit the beautiful medieval cathedral with the expert guidance of your chauffeur
- From Amalfi drive to Positano and walk through the highlights of this glamorous town, visiting its unique ceramic stores and enjoying some exquisite limoncello!
- From Positano your driver will take you to Ravello. Take time to explore the 13th century Villa Cimbrone.
- Drive back to Rome after this unforgettable day excursion to the Amalfi coast!
What To Remember
- The tour guide and driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is wheelchair-accessible. Please advise if a member of your party needs wheelchair assistance.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.