VIP Vatican Tour with Exclusive Vatican Mosaic Studio access
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and “Last Judgment”, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino, and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world-renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican continuously enriched it with different artworks but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and the sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo are the real attraction.
We’ll start at the usually packed museum entrance, where you will skip the check-in line, and enter the museum directly through a metal detector check. After security, the guide will take you to a panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican gardens.
In the museums, you will admire the most beautiful Roman statues, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact on history, religion, and visual arts has no equal in the world.
Then, through an exclusive gallery directly linked to the Sistine Chapel, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29-meter-tall Baldacchin by Bernini, and the mosaics that cover the whole ceiling.
A must for art lovers and collectors; this exclusive experience is designed to give our elite clientele the opportunity to bring home the ultimate memento from their Roman holiday.
Located inside the walls of Vatican City and not open to the general public, the Studio del Mosaico Della Reverenda Fabbrica di S. Pietro (Official Mosaic Studio of St. Peter’s) was founded in the mid-1500s for the creation of the ten thousand square meters of mosaics that adorn the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica. Centuries later, the Studio’s experts still oversee the care and restoration of these mosaics. The Studio continues to create and issue the world’s finest mosaics – renowned for their exquisite beauty and the quality of their craftsmanship – both for the Pope who gives them as gifts during official visits and for private customers and collectors from around the world.
We’ll gain special entrance into Vatican City, tour the Mosaic Studio, meet its experts and learn all about the history and production of the world’s preeminent mosaic workshop. This tour is ideal for art lovers, collectors, and those celebrating special occasions because you’ll have the opportunity to purchase one of these precious, one-of-a-kind masterpieces to commemorate your trip. Personal checks and credit cards are accepted (except American Express). Shipping and insurance are covered by the Vatican.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Exclusive entrance to the Vatican city
- VIP Hotel Pick-up with a deluxe vehicle and English-speaking driver
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Transportation back to your accommodation
- Optional gratuities
What You'll Do
- Meet your private driver in the meeting point you have indicated on the reservation
- Drive in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle to the Vatican museums
- Walk through the highlights of the Vatican museums
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
- Enter the Vatican city through one of the entrances guarded by the Swiss guards
- Enjoy a beautiful walk around the Vatican city, normally closed to the public, as you approach the Mosaic studio
- Watch a professional mosaic studio artist work his magic in front of you
- Learn about the different techniques involved in this prestigious art
- Explore the Mosaic galleries and hear the stories behind its greatest masterpieces
- Free time to purchase one of these unique artworks
- Drop-off back at the hotel
What To Remember
- The driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Clients must bring their passports or other valid government-issued identification.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- Please note: Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter's Square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City.