Colosseum, Roman Forum & the Vatican
*After meeting with your guide at the designated meeting point, you’ll tour from the outside the world’s largest amphitheater.
The tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights and show you the engineering applied by the Romans to build such an imposing structure ahead of its time.
Next, you will proceed to the Roman Forum, an archaeological site that represented the commercial, legal, and administrative center of Ancient Rome. You will feel as though you have been transported back in time to the Imperial age of Rome as you stroll through the ruins of ancient temples and Roman mausoleums, such as the Roman senate and the original altar where Julius Caesar’s body was cremated. You’ll then get to explore Palatine Hill, the birthplace of Rome, and see what remains of ancient Roman Villas and houses of rich and important Roman families.
After the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, you’ll make your way across town to explore the world-renowned Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, as well as arguably the most important church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. The grandeur and attention to detail will leave you in awe. Highlights of the Basilica include Michelangelo’s Pieta, the imposing 29-meter-tall Baldacchin by Bernini, and the mosaics that decorate the entire ceiling.
PLEASE HAVE ALL PARTICIPANTS BRING THEIR ID
*The tour is not available on January 1st, February 11th, Easter Monday, May 1st, June 29th, August 15th/16th, November 1st, December 8th or December 25th/26th
The meeting point is in front of Caffè Vaticano in Viale Vaticano 100, 00192 Rome. It’s located just across from the Vatican Museum entrance.
- Tickets for the Roman Forum and Palatine
- Skip the line admission tickets for the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Small group of 12 people or less
- Optional gratuities
- Lunch à la carte
- Access to the Colosseum
- Transportation services
What You'll Do
- Meet with your guide and other participants at the designated meeting point
- Learn about the history of the Colosseum, and marvel at its size from the outside
- Walk by the arch of Constantine and enter the archaeological site of the Roman Forum
- Explore the Palatine Hill, birthplace of Rome
- Explore the highlights of the world-famous Vatican Museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Lastly, visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- It should be noted that while the intended destinations will remain constant, it is possible that the order of the itinerary may be modified without prior notice.
- Due to new ticket restrictions this tour can only tour the Colosseum from the outside
- It is strongly recommended to all visitors to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after tour departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Please note: Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter's Square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City.