Private Tour Of Colosseum, Pantheon & Vatican With Transfers
You’ll be picked up from your accommodation by a professional English-speaking driver and begin the tour by getting up close and personal with the world’s most famous amphitheater. As your tour guide brings it to life, explaining its awe-inspiring structure and recreating the days when it was filled with the sounds of roaring animals, crowds and the clashing swords of gladiators.
Next, you will walk past the impressive ruins of the Roman Forum and visit the stunning Pantheon. Built by the Emperor Hadrian, this 2nd Century A.D. architectural marvel touts the world’s largest unsupported concrete dome, with an open oculus at its center. Almost entirely intact in its original form, the Pantheon is a working church today and a wonder to behold.
From the Pantheon, your driver will pick you up and take you way across town to explore the world renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness of St. Peter’s façade and care of details will overwhelm you. Due to Covid-19 safety measures, the corridor that connected the Sistine chapel with the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica has been closed. This means that every visitor must exit the museums and wait in line in order to visit the inside of St. Peter’s Basilica. Depending on the time we have left, we will decide whether to queue for the Basilica or tour it from the outside. During the whole visit, your private guide will fill you in on the historic, religious and artistic significance of the works and structures, as well as, the stories of the artists themselves.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Private tour guide
- Hotel pickup
- Transfers with English-speaking driver and deluxe vehicle
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, German, French
What You'll Do
- After meeting with your tour guide, you'll skip the line to enter the Colosseum
- Explore the most important sections of the world's greatest amphitheater and walk past the Roman Forum
- Visit one of the most popular and best preserved Roman temples in the world: the Pantheon
- Driver will pick you up from the Pantheon and take you to the Vatican
- Explore the highlights of the world famous Vatican museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Visit the greatest and arguably holiest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.