Colosseum, Palatine Hill & Roman Forum Tour
This tour is ideal for those who want to discover Rome’s historical monuments; the tour will take you to the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
You will meet in front of Hotel Forum with your tour guide and the other participants. After a brief explanation of the itinerary, you’ll visit the world’s largest amphitheater with your “skip the line” ticket which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. All of this in a small and intimate group of maximum 10 people since we don’t want our clients to feel uncomfortable in big groups. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights and show you the engineering applied by the Romans to build such an imposing structure ahead of its time. The guide will then take you to the second level of the Colosseum, where you will enjoy the beautiful view of the arena and all of the seating areas. This includes the spot where the emperor sat with his family and the specially reserved marble seats for the Roman senators.
After the Colosseum, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All of this, while walking past ancient ruins such as Julius Caesar’s original mausoleum, where his body was cremated, the imposing temple of Antonino and Faustina and the fascinating structure of the ancient Roman senate.
Meeting point is in front of the 4-star Hotel Forum, Via Tor de’ Conti 25, 00184 Rome Italy.
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Optional gratuities
What You'll Do
- Skip the line for Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Explore the highlights of the world's greatest amphitheater
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk through the highlights of the Roman Forum archaeological site
- Visit the mausoleum of Julius Caesar in the Forum
What To Remember
- Please allow 5-10 minutes of waiting time in case of traffic since other people will be joining the tour. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.