Colosseum, Palatine Hill & Roman Forum Tour
This tour is ideal for those who want to discover Rome’s historical monuments; the tour will take you to the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
You will meet with your tour guide and the other participants at the Meeting Point. After a brief explanation of the itinerary, you’ll tour from the oustide the world’s largest amphitheater.
The tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights and show you the engineering applied by the Romans to build such an imposing structure ahead of its time.
After the Colosseum, you will proceed to the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal, and administrative center of ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All of this, while walking past ancient ruins such as Julius Caesar’s original mausoleum, where his body was cremated, the imposing temple of Antonino and Faustina, and the fascinating structure of the ancient Roman senate.
You’ll get to explore the Palatine Hill, birthplace of Rome, and see what remains of ancient Roman Villas and houses of rich and important roman families.
PLEASE HAVE ALL PARTICIPANTS BRING THEIR ID
3:15 pm April through October
1:45 pm November through March
* The tour is not available every first Sunday of the month, on January 1st, June 2nd December 25th (and exceptional closure dates set by the Superintendence).
The meeting point is in front of Hotel Forum on Via Tor de’ Conti, 25-30, 00184 Roma
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Private Professional Licensed Guide
- Small group of 12 people or less
- Access to the Colosseum
- Optional gratuities
- Transportation services
What You'll Do
- Enjoy a pick-up transfer from your accommodation to the Colosseum
- Tour the Colosseum from the outside
- Skip the line for the Roman Forum and Palatine
- Explore Ancient Rome, and the hill Rome was born on
- Visit the mausoleum of Julius Caesar in the Forum
What To Remember
- It should be noted that while the intended destinations will remain constant, it is possible that the order of the itinerary may be modified without prior notice.
- Please allow 5-10 minutes of waiting time in case of traffic since other people will be joining the tour. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Due to new ticket restrictions this tour can only tour the Colosseum from the outside
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.