Best of Rome & Vatican in One Day With Transfers
This is the ideal tour for visitors that are willing to cover all of the highlights and attractions of Rome in one day. After the complimentary pick-up transfer from your accommodation, you will start by visiting the world’s largest amphitheater with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights and show you the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build, what is still considered, the most technologically advanced entertainment complex of its time.
After the Colosseum, you will proceed to the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome.
From the Roman Forum, an English-speaking driver will pick you up and take you way across town to explore the world-renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world: the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. The greatness of the façade and care of details will overwhelm you. Highlights of the Basilica include: Michelangelo’s Pieta’, the imposing 29 meter tall Baldacchin by Bernini and the mosaics that cover the whole ceiling.
At the end of the Vatican tour, the guide will take you to a typical Roman “Trattoria” restaurant (this is not included) to taste some of the most delicious Roman dishes. After recharging batteries at lunch, your driver will take you to Navona square where the last part of the tour begins: You will explore one of the most iconic and beautiful squares of Rome, you will walk inside the Eternal Pantheon, and finally throw your coin in the Trevi fountain in order to assure your future return to Rome!
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Skip the line admission tickets for all attractions
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Pick-up from accommodation and transfers with luxury vehicle
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
- Lunch à la carte
What You'll Do
- Enjoy a pick-up transfer from your accommodation to the Colosseum
- Skip the line for the Colosseum with your pre-booked tickets
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk by the arch of Constantine and enter the archaeological site of the Roman Forum
- Explore the highlights of the world renowned Vatican museums
- Visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
- Enjoy lunch in a traditional Roman restaurant
- Driver will pick you up from restaurant and take you to Navona square
- Walk inside the overwhelming Pantheon and throw your lucky coin in the Trevi fountain!
What To Remember
- It is strongly recommended to all visitors to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after tour departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.